Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I got married!

Posted by froggy05 (My Page) on
Tue, May 17, 05 at 1:16

My wedding was on April 30th in San Carlos CA, and it was beautiful. Everything went as planned until a week before when my DJ and my priest both canceled on me. Instead of flipping out and submitting to utter depression i decided not to care, because I was getting married in a week and I didn't care...
I found another DJ, pure luck I must say, to do the reception in teh last minute. I highly reccomend this DJ service if you planning a wedding in the Bay Area. Its called "A Classy Affaire". They were very professional about the situation and my DJ was awesome!
The priest had a family emergency in Ireland, how could I be upset with him for that, he had to go oversees to be with his sick mother. We had another priest do the wedding.
So even with the mishaps, my wedding went smoothly, everything worked out and was wonderful. And now I am very happily married and waiting for my pictures...
Thank you all for all your advice and support, I'll be back here on this site, visiting and such...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I got married!

Congratulations, froggy! Every happiness to you and your lucky husband. You are off to a great start, with your wonderful attitude. Those are BIG cancellations -- and look, everything was fine anyway.

We can't wait for the pictures!

o

I knew that was gonna happen--you getting married, I mean.

As for the problems, well, I always say, the bigger the disaster, the better the stories. And you'll be telling those stories for the rest of your life.

Friends of mine can brag that at THEIR wedding, someone dropped the cake! Unfort., not on the dance floor; that would have made a GREAT story, and in those "can you top this?" dinner-party conversations, they would have WON! (and so would I, bcs I'd be telling about THEIR wedding)

I'm sorry yours went so well! ;-)

o

Congratulations! And great job keeping things in perspective!

o

congrats!!!!

o

congrats and i hope that i'm that level headed a week before my wedding....*deep breaths*

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here