SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oshkoshbride

new to site

OshkoshBride
19 years ago

Hello and congratulations to all the brides to be! I have spent the last 3 hours reading every post. What a great forum. So many of you have such great ideas and hints. I am getting married May 6, 2005 and already have a lot of the basics completed. I have my dress, headpiece and shoes, the hall and church are reserved. People think I am jumping the gun with all my planning, but I would like to get everything out of the way so in the months leading up to the wedding my fiance and I can relax.

My parents divorced when I was 2, my bio dad and his wife will be attending. My step father died 2 years ago and the wedding planning is very bittersweet for my mom. My mom will be walking me down the aisle. She wants to wear a black dress because she thinks it will look very classy. I have no problem with this, but what color then does the MOG wear? My BM dresses are perwinkle, flower girl dresses are Easter dresses I bought at Target. They are pink with tulle skirts. Just darling and I only paid $20 for them!

Our ceremony will be on a Friday at 4:30 with cocktails and some sort of dinner/dancing afterwards. I have read the posts about plated and buffet with great interest. We were leaning towards buffet because it is less expensive. Our budget is $5000. I am making pew decorations that I got from Martha Stewert...lilacs and white roses in tin buckets tied to the pews with ribbon, to be given to honored guests afterwards.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for sharing what will be the happiest day of their lives!

Also, I will be 36 at my wedding. My first, although I do have a 10 year old son. He wants to be the ring bearer...I am torn because I thought it would be cool for him to stand up with the other men, and to have him walk in with my fiance, but then I also think it will be sweet for him to walk after the flower girls (who will be 10...I know it might be too old, but I don't like the look of jr brides)

and directly before my mom and I. Any ideas on anything I have posted, I would appreciate.

Colleen

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!