Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
searching for reem acra gown

Posted by AUTUMNBRIDE04 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 17, 04 at 22:02

HELLO ALL,
Would anyone have information regarding someone selling a Reem Acra wedding gown?
I have fallen in love w/ a gown that is totally out of my budget of ....and totally out of the price range that i wanted to spend for my dress. However, I can not/ have been unable to shake these three dresses out of my head (despite my now 8th bridal boutique visit to several other locations). As a result I have been weighing out my other options....... which has lead me to this single conclusion, that I will have to search HIGH AND LOW for either of these three gowns. I am looking for an champagne/gold /ivory with gold colored ballgown by Reem Acra in the following designs 1. luxury 2. fantasy 3. outstanding. I have already checked out the following sites with hopeful prays: theknot.com, bridalcouture.com, gownsource.com, bridesave.com, ebay.com, yahooauction, etc etc.

Pls help or direct me in the right direction of someone who may be SELLING/OWNS any of the gowns OR know of A BRIDAL STORE that is selling their sample gowns for a value way under the asking price. SIZE 10/12 FROM A WOMEN APPOX 5' 6'' TALL

thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: searching for reem acra gown

I would definitely check out DBS (Discount Bridal Service). This is exactly what they are for. They carry the majority of designer gowns but because they have no store or overhead they generally offer the gowns at a significant discount. I've attached the web page below. You can fill out a form online for a quote of the gown you are looking for. Someone will email you in a day or two. Its definitely worth a try.

Here is a link that might be useful: DBS

o

Have you considered talking to seamstresses about making a copy of the gown?

I love Reem Acra gowns too.

o

I wore a Reem Acra gown for my wedding - loved it, but it is the style "Gamine". Unfortunately, they are very difficult to copy - my seamstress makes wedding gowns and told me that it would be nearly impossible for her to copy a gown with that much detailing - Reem uses real antique gold thread, seed pearls, swarovski crystals, and handmade lace. They really are pieces of artwork - and they cost as much too! I got my dress through DBS, but it was still quite costly - saved $1,000, but after all was said and done it was still over $3000 - not really affordable, but I was going to get the dress anyway, so any savings is good. Unfortunately, DBS can no longer get Reem dresses - the supply was cut off right before my wedding. The best thing to do is call bridal stores that carry Reem and see when they have their sample gown sales (not the designer sample sales, which will only save you 10%). The store that I found the dress (in San Francisco) has an annual sale - I think it is early in the year - around January, and they discount gowns up to 50%. You may still want to try DBS, they might be able to hunt down a sample for a good price for you. My DBS dealer had to do this for one girl, because her dress was "stopped" by Reem Acra - my dress went through the week before the supply was cut off - thank goodness! If you want more information, let me know. Good luck!

P.S. Know that the dress is important, but it isn't that important - I felt special and love my dress, but in the end I really wondered about the cost - I only wore it once. And, now that we are getting ready to move into our first house, I think about how it would be nice to have a great dining room table instead of a fancy, designer dress! ;-) But, that is just me...I have no regrets though. Got sooo many compliments on the dress and the photos are fantastic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here