SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katclaws_mo

Parebts/groom- Who pays for what in splitting costs?

katclaws_mo
18 years ago

Hi everyone,

My DH & I will be married 25 year this May, so it's been a looooooog time since we have been part of planning a wedding. Our son & his fiance are planning a June '06 wedding. We know how expensive wedding can be and would like help make their wedding dream plans come true.

I know it used to be that the brides family paid for the wedding, but we would like to help out and take some of the financial burden off of her parents (whom we like & get along with very well) and our future DIL & DS.

We are not the Trumps, but will try to do what we can. We may not be able to do an equal split, but will try to break it down the best way financially possible. Has anyone else devised a way to split the costs with both sides helping? How did you break it down?

Can anyone suggest a good wedding ettiquete book or planner, magazine, or another specific website to know how things are done these days?

TIA for your help. I mostly am at the KT & the CareGivers Forums, but it looks like I will be spending a lot more time here in the near future. LOL

Best of Luck to all of you almost-newly-weds.

Blessings,

katclaws

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company