Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
guest attire

Posted by marzena (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 27, 04 at 19:04

I'm invited to a wedding in June. The mass is on Saturday at one o'clock in the afternoon and the reception at five o'clock. I have no clue what should I wear. I only know that I don't want to wear the same outfit to church and to the reception. Please help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: guest attire

Well, you know it's going to be warm if it's in JUNE!! However, you will be in a pretty formal church if they are having a mass. You will need to wear something comfortable and cool yet semi-formal. I would suggest maybe a pants outfit--nice pants (maybe black or of a solid springy color)with a sleeveless top (colored or white). You could add a jacket if you needed to be a little more dressed up for the mass and then take the jacket off at the reception in a more laid back environment.

Goodluck!!

o

If you don't want to wear the same thing, then I'd wear a nice daytime dress for the mass (something you'd normally wear to a restaurant luncheon or church service) and change into a more "social" outfit for the reception.

o

I wonder why they split it like that? Photos? Personal partying? Church schedules? It's kind of inconvenient for the guests and takes up the whole Saturday. Plus to me, it seems to break the mood, having a pause of several hours in there. I see it being done a lot though, so there must be a good reason.

o

Scarlett, usually it is because the couple can't wait for the wedding night.

o
Re: guest attire

Scarlett, usually it is because the couple can't wait for the wedding night.

o

Having the service in the morning and the reception in the evening is common in some social groups. Often people don't even come to the ceremony, which I find a little sad.

I do think this works better when most people live nearby and can go home. When we were young, we always had to take a nap during this time to be ready to stay up late!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here