SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gellchom

Wedding gift for Boston wedding - anyone know current customs?

gellchom
14 years ago

We are invited to a Jewish wedding in a suburb of Boston; about 200 people at a country club. The bride is the sister of our son's fiance.

We live in a midwestern city, and I know customs vary around the country and by community (look at some of the strings on this forum about gifts), and even then there is a lot of variation. In our community, I would think that a "thing" or cash gift of between $100 and $200 would be typical for this situation.

I'm not trying to keep up with the Joneses, but I want to make sure I'm neither being cheap nor putting pressure on the groom's family to send my son and his fiance too big a gift next year or anything. I've never even met that family other than the groom and I don't want to be rude in either direction.

Does anyone have any recent experience with Boston? Is it all cash for wedding gifts, and even major items place settings of china on the registry are given as shower gifts? Or do people give things like that as wedding gifts? Any clue about typical range? I gave them a small engagement gift (wine coaster and stopper) but I don't think I will be invited to any showers.

Thanks in advance for any helpful information.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES