Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Memorial to Loved One

Posted by jmca (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 9, 06 at 12:30

The bride's sister passed away, is it appropriate to dedicate the wedding ceremony to her with a separate page exclusively for her with her picture, or is this too obituary like?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Memorial to Loved One

I haven't seen that done before in a wedding program, a section dedicated just to the deceased. The majority of the weddings I have been to represent a deceased loved one with a white rose up at the alter or podium with the bride and groom. The minister, priest, JP, says something about the representation at the beginning of the ceremony. NancyLouise

o

It is appropriate to briefly mention those who have passed on in the program, but to dedicate an entire page to her with a picture might be a bit much. If she passed away recently, then having a memorial candle or bouquet is appropriate with a brief note in the program explaining the significance of the item. If she passed away a number of years ago, then limit it only to the note in the program. Again, if she passed away recently, it is also appropriate to leave one seat empty with a white rose on it. The bride can place the rose on the chair when she enters. This is quite common when parents are deceased.

o

Sweet Pea & Nancy L, I think yur ideas are very good. Those are wonderful ways to remember the sister, but not with a page.

o

We had a tiny wedding on the front porch of our historical home. Two chairs were set up, one for my deceased grand father and one for my husband's deceased grandmother. Each chair had a framed photo and a flower. So they were there in spirit.

jerri

o

It is a wonderful idea to remember those that were close to us and couldn't be there for us on our special day. Some just light the candle, or you can buy inexpensive gifts for your wedding party in memory of the loved ones that are not with us for that day. You can check our memorial items and candles on this website www.2-be-unique.com.

Wish you all the best

Here is a link that might be useful: Memorial Items

o

why would I give my friend the bridesmaid a gift in memory of my sister?

If I'm the bridesmaid, I want my bridesmaid gift to be about my relationship to the bride, not about her recently deceased sister.

if you're going to advertise ont he forums, which isn't allowed, at least make sense!

o

I agree with talley sue, if you want to advertise your items for sale there are places on this website to do so. It isn't allowed on the forums. Giving bridesmaids gifts is about the friendship between the bride and her wedding party. Giving gifts in memory of a deceased loved one would seem a bit odd to me. NancyLouise

o

If you are Catholic, you could mention her name at the appropriate time during the wedding ceremony.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here