SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beebee77_gw

Problems with planning, MOH view

beebee77
14 years ago

I was asked to be the maid of honor in my friend's wedding some time ago. She had moved away from home a few years ago and didn't have many friends she kept in contact with back home (besides me), so I said yes. I'm not that close with the bride, so I felt that this could be a way to become better friends. Unfortunately, she's using her mother to take care of all of the MOH "duties". She even went as far as to ask me when I was going to plan her wedding shower because her mother was starting to get worried that I wouldn't take care of it (the wedding is in December, it's April now). She and her mother picked the venue, the reception hall, the menu, the dress, the decorations, etc etc etc. I feel a little left out but, on the other hand, I don't know her well so I don't really mind her mother stepping in if that is what they want. Besides, I'm happy her mom wants to help because there are things that I need help with (Ie: I have NO idea who to invite to the shower, because I feel like I barely know the bride!)

My problem is that the bride continues to get upset with me and say that I'm "not involved" and "not interested". I'm confused because I repeatedly ask her about all of the details, if she needs help planning, wants help with invitations, etc, and her reply is ALWAYS, "My mom and I already did that" or "my mom is going to do that". How can I "help" when things are already being taken care of, without being pushy? And further, how can I escape the bride being upset with me when I'm not doing anything wrong??

Comments (10)