Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice for woman with small chest

Posted by Lisa_Jones12 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 17, 13 at 2:43

I'm wearing this dress and I love it - until I turn sideways. I have a small chest, but this dress really flattens me out even more than usual! I have no curves from the side and have a completely flat straight line. I was wearing a push-up corsette type of bra and tried adding cups in that, but it just lifted me up, not out - if that makes sense.
Anyone have any ideas on how to get my chest to go out, not up? I just don't want to look like a flat board standing at the altar when everyone is looking at me from the side.

Here is a link that might be useful: my dress

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice for woman with small chest

The dress is beautiful. I would think that the ruching on the bust would help to add size. I am not sure you can push "out" what isn't there. As you discovered, most bras push up to give the illusion of fullness. You might check with a specialty lingerie shop, such as Victoria's Secret, for recommendations. Otherwise, don't worry about it. Chances are you are the only one who will really notice. Enjoy your beautiful gown and your special day.

o
RE: Advice for woman with small chest

I would go to a very good lingerie department -- Nordstrom's is excellent here. They don't have budget brands, but they do have sales, and anyway this is one time you don't want to skimp. Bring the dress if possible, or at least a picture. Make an appointment with their very best fitter. They know lots of tricks!
I did that for my son's wedding. I brought my dress with me. I hadn't even thought I needed a different bra; I was asking about Spanx or something. They told me I didn't need the Spanx (that was a relief!), but I needed a better bra. Not only did they find the perfect bra for me, they told me to wait two months for when it went on sale.
A lingerie store like Victoria's Secret only carries their own lines, I believe. For this, I would go to a department store or a lingerie store that carries lots of lines.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here