o
mother/son dance music

Posted by monablair (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 24, 09 at 20:27

Any suggestions for a song?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mother/son dance music

My DH and his mother danced to "What a Wonderful World".

o

What is that song--Isn't She Lovely?????

o

Choose something that has meaning to the two of you, not something all-purpose. If it were my son's wedding, it would probably be "Take Me Out to the Ballgame," because we both love baseball. What would mean something to YOU?

Congratulations!!!

o

I want a girl just like the girl that married dear, old dad. -- an oldie, but I don't know the name of it.

o

Sheilajoyce, that *is* the name of it!

o

Yeah, I wouldn't go with that song unless the bride IS like the girl that married dear old dad (and even if she is not too many woman want to be told they are "just like" their MIL). Nothing like offending the bride at her own wedding.

o
Update:

My son asked if he could pick out the music and he selected "Have I told you lately that I love you?" by Rod Stewart. I was touched by his choice and it was a great dance we had.

o

delightful

o

My dd is having trouble picking a song for me and her fiance to dance to. She is picking "Daughters" for the father/daughter dance. Any suggestions?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here