SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scarlett2001

I would like to offer some advice, please

scarlett2001
14 years ago

My husband is a photographer and he does a lot of weddings, so I usually tag along to help. I have seen so many weddings that were unnecessarily fraught with tension, problems and chaos because the bride and/or her family tried to do everything themselves without a wedding coordinator. I think the bride already has a job that day -being the bride. She should not also try to coordinate, solve problems, placate people, worry about deliveries, etc. etc. A good wedding coordinator has done this many times, she has experience and resources a bride does not have. She is not a bundle of nerves that day and it is so much better for vendors, etc to have one designated person they can go to, instead of asking all the family who is in charge and getting opposite and confusing orders. Also, the bride expresses her wishes directly to the wedding coodinator and she carries them out, no room for buttinskis to put in their oar. And if something does go wrong, well, you have a scapegoat who is not a family member you will feud with for the next five years.

I know some people trim this important job out to save money, but I think it is well worth the expense, from what I have seen in my own experience. What price can you put on your sanity and serenity on this day of days?

Comments (9)