SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brittsgrams

Help find an unusual dress and we were married 6/10/06 no family

brittsgrams
17 years ago

So to please me and the families, my husband has graciously granted an open, in the yard at our house, wear blue jeans if ya want to the ceremony and "party" after on June 9, 2007. Here is my problem - I am very laid back, hate shoes, want to look pretty, from the hippie generation, don't like formal short or long gowns but do want white or ivory for my dress that can have vines with small flowers or something like that (my husband will be in jeans and a Jimmy Buffett T-shirt I know!), it has to be light weight, and just past the knee. My daughter, who is a notary, married us on her front porch that the house we just got done moving her and her daughter into. It was hilarious!! They got my granddaughters tiara and put an old fashioned table doily (sp?) attached to it; picked me a small group of yard flowers; made up the ceremony and vows (which said he had to obey - NOT ME) while we went to get a few drinks! As we sat on the front porch swing with granddaughter in between us blowing her bubbles, we got married. Both of us coming from religious families, we decided to have our marriage performed by a minister. So, where in the heck can I find a wedding dress that is me? HELP!!!! I have been all over the web and just can't seem to find anything. Thanks so much, Britts Grams

Comments (12)