SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hilltop_gw

mog dress when mob wearing sari

hilltop_gw
15 years ago

I'm a midwestern mom & son's wedding is in California. It will be a 2 part wedding, first Christian then transition to Hindu Indian. MOB is wearing a sari. She said she has many to pick from (colorful fabrics) so I'm not sure what it will look like. What type of dress should I choose? Bridesmaids will be in tea-length red chiffon (custom dyed in India). I was told to wear something modest and not black, because Indian weddings are festive and colorful. We've only met the MOB once (wonderful woman) and won't meet FOB until the wedding. There are many Filipino traditions involved in the wedding as well. It's a garden wedding in July but the reception will be at a nice Club facility. Is a sari considered formal (since it's long & made of silk)? I want to leave a good impression. MOB said she could have a sari made for me; however I'm blonde & green eyed (Swede looking) & don't think I'd be comfortable in it. After looking for a couple months I haven't found anything that's my style. My style is blue jeans & Polo shirts so the satin dresses just don't suit me.

Comments (16)