Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to edge a veil...

Posted by Jaybird (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 9, 05 at 17:26

with satin cording??? I asked this question earlier in the sewing forum, but just happened to think of this one!!! My DGD wants me to make her veil, but she wants it edged with satin cording. My sewing machine will not move the illusion AND the cording forward at the same rate of speed, so I have a mess. I tried flexible fabric glue and it shows...does anyone have an idea for me. I'd rather not have to sew it all on by hand, but that is the way it is looking at this moment.
SINCERE thanks for any help!
Jaybird

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to edge a veil...

I have made two veils, but neither one was edged with the satin cording (one had a plain unfinished edge and the other had the ruffled lettuce-edge). However, the link below has the best directions I have found for making a veil. Perhaps something on this website will give you some hints. Good luck!!

Here is a link that might be useful: How to make a veil

o

Just a thought--try placing tissue paper under the illusion and on top of the cording to stabilize the layers. Then trim the illusion.

o

Thank you so much for your help and the link...I have used tissue before, I don't know why I didn't think of that!! I appreciate your time!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here