Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Table favor poem...

Posted by borderbelle (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 27, 06 at 17:23

My daughter is getting married and for table favors, I made little seed packets, containing pansy and marigold seeds. I had originally thought to just put their names and wedding date on the packets, then realized everyone will wonder the signifigance of the seeds....
So now, I think I should add a few lines, but my brain has cratered out on creativity....and any help would be most appreciated....
Gratefully...Kim K

Wedding is April 8, 2006

Karie loves pansies
Justin...marigolds

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Table favor poem...

Congratulations on your daughter's marriage, Kim K!

Why do you think anyone will wonder about the significance of the seeds? If I were one of your guests, I would just assume that the significance is "party favor."

Do you mean that you want the guests to know that these are their favorite flowers? If so, perhaps you could attach a little note that says something like:

Thank you for celebrating with us.
We hope you will enjoy these pansies and marigolds -- our favorite flowers -- in your garden this summer.
Karie & Justin
April 8, 2006

I don't think you need a poem; in fact, I usually find them kind of cutesy. Just MHO. Besides, anyone who can write vivid prose like "my brain has cratered out on creativity" doesn't need meter and rhyme!

o

When our friends were married a few years ago they had a country themed wedding. It was a casual affair. They got married in a field at a bird sanctuary. The reception was held in a large barn. For favors they had on the tables 3" high terra cotta flower pots. They had decorated the outside of the pots with their names, the date of the wedding, a simple design of a vine and flower.I believe they used a paint pen. Inside the pot they put a small envelope filled with flower seeds. The poem on the outside of the envelope read;

Silly ideas make happy the bride & groom
so plant these seeds and think of them
when the wild flowers bloom.

I doubt that people will wonder what the significance of the flowers mean. I know my husband and the guests at our table didn't. It was just a cute favor that went along with the country theme. NancyLouise

o

kim

what about something like:

Please plant these seeds and watch them bloom, just like Justin and Karie, the bride and groom!

Best of luck and congratulations!

maryanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here