Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
farm wedding inserts?

Posted by orchardcreek (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 7, 11 at 10:09

I am getting married on my farm in April. Because it could very well be muddy, I want to tell guests that casual attire is just fine, such as jeans and boots... I want them to be comfortable above all. Also, since it's outdoors and might get chilly in the evening, I'd like to suggest they bring a jacket or shawl or similar item.

I was thinking of printing up something along those lines and including it with the wedding invites. What do you think? Any advice on wording?
Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: farm wedding inserts?

I agree; inserting a small card is the easiest way to communicate the information. You might say something like:

Because the weather is unpredictable in April, please dress comfortably and bring a jacket. Casual attire, including jeans and boots, is appropriate.

If you are a poet, you could make it rhyme.

o
RE: farm wedding inserts?

Good advice from sweet_pea.

I would also consider that this "card" does not necessarily need to be the same paper stock/weight or color as the invite & rsvp card. You could use a lighter weight, or velum, or a colored paper. This may also be a good place to include your wedding web site address if you have a site set up.

On you web site, you could add a section titled "attire" and explain there in further detail...things like about the possibility of mud after a rain. For the invite insert..keep it short and to the point just like sweet_pea worded above. On your web site, you can go into more detail.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here