Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please help!!

Posted by mizzdiabla (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 11, 06 at 3:34

I Have Been Looking Forever For The Right Dresses! I Want My Wedding Dress To Be One Of Those POOFY Dresses. The Kind That Look Like An Upside Down Bowl Lol. The Ones That Have Something Under It I Think, To Push It Out So It Looks Big And Round. The Kind Of BridesMaid Dresses I Want Are The Really Nice Old Time Dresses That Are Also Big But Have An Umbrella And Long Silk Gloves That Go Along With It. So Far I Have Only Found One But Its Red. Not The Color I Want. And I've Been Looking For A While Now. But I Have No Idea What They Are Called So I Cant Search For Them. If Anyone Can Help Me...I'd Really Appreciate It. Thanks!

Here's The Address To The One I Found...

http://wedding10.weddingchannel.com/fashion/popup.asp?type=gown&designerID=284&breadcrumb=/fashion/gown_bride.asp&count=9&large=yes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please help!!

You are looking for a ballerina-style gown, sometimes called a princess style. For the bridesmaids, you may need to have their dresses made by a seamstress. I haven't seen that style in shops for about 15 years.

Also check eBay. They have a line of wedding items. You might find what you need there.

o

You might check out quinceanera dresses as they often have poofy skirts and some are very suitable for wedding dresses.

Below is a link to one I found.

Here is a link that might be useful: Quinceanera dress

o
RE: please help!!/

Just had to share this one with you too....really pretty!

Here is a link that might be useful: Another quinceanera dress

o

Really? 15 Years? Dang Thats A While Ago. I Was Really Hoping TO Get Some Of Those. Thanks For The Links! These Are Some Really Nice Ones. Can I Just Buy Some Gloves To Match And Get An Umbrella Too?....

o

Im Sure Someone In The World Has To Have Them Or Sell Them. I've Looked Up "Southern Belle" Style Dresses And "Informal" And I Found A Few Nice Ones But Not The Exact Ones I Want. And SInce I Was Thinking About Buying The Umbrella And Gloves Separate I Found A Whole Lot Of Gloves Real Easily.... But I CAN NOT Find ANY Umbrellas Like The Ones I'm Talking About!...

o

Try searching "hoop skirt" and "parasol."

You know, you may be able to get the look you like (and save money, too) renting dresses, gloves, and parasols from a costume shop.

o

Mizzdiabla, just a friendly question: Why do you start every word with a capital letter? I don't believe I've ever seen anyone do that? LOL! What's up with that?

As for the umbrella, are you searching under "parasol?" That's what I think you want, unless you think it might rain on your wedding.

Here's a link to a ruffly parasol. I also saw a lacy one on another website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Parasol

o

mizzdiabla --

The red dress you found is from a bridal company. I'll bet you it comes in lots of colors, not just red.

Socks's suggestion about quincenera dresses was brilliant. That Mary's Bridal site you found has zillions of dresses like I think you are describing. Check out this link: http://www.marysbridal.com/quinceanera.htm

o

I Dont Know Why I Type Like This. I Just Tried It Once And I Like The Way It Looks When A Whole Sentence Or Paragraph Is Typed. It Just Looks Nice To Me I Guess. Well Thanks For All The Help You Guys I Think I'm Just Going To Do What I Said And Buy The Gloves And "Parasols" Separately. And Those "Hoop Skirts" Were A Great Idea Too...

o

I do urge you to consider to look into renting the bridesmaid gowns, gloves, and parasols from a costume shop or formal rental place. These hoop skirt dresses can be quite expensive and not really something your attendants will be able to wear again. They often have beautiful things at a costume shop -- I'm thinking of dresses handmade for a theatrical production; I'm not talking about acetate Halloween costumes -- and it is much cheaper to rent than to buy.

Beyond costume shops -- I know there are places you can rent bridal gowns (which makes a LOT of sense to me -- talk about something you DEFINITELY aren't going to wear again!). Do they also rent bridesmaid gowns? I'm just wondering.

o

Yes, bridesmaids dresses can be rented from a few shops, but they are usually limited in the number of available styles and colors to what is currently in style for most weddings.

I also agree that checking out a costume shop would be a good idea. I have used one when we have special weddings, such as medieval ones. The costumes are of excellent quality. The issue may be in getting several dresses that match.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here