Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wedding Vendor Help!

Posted by maddiestuart (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 5, 09 at 16:37

I'm from CA and have recently moved to MA where I'm going to be getting married in December. I'm having a really hard time finding vendors, specifically photographers. Since I don't know many people around here, I'm not sure how to find the best vendors and compare them. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wedding Vendor Help!

Have you contacted a wedding coordinator? You will find that they may not cost as much as you expect and they will have information on the better vendors. Some offer a free initial consultation.

If you don't want to talk with a coordinator, then ask at your venue, your DJ, and even your caterer for recommendations, bearing in mind that they may know the person but haven't seen their finished work.

If there are wedding shows in your area, you might want to attend one. That way, you can actually visit with vendors in person as well as seeing their photos.

o

Have you tried You be the Wedding Planner? It's a webiste that I've been using it to help me find videographers. They have lots of videographers, photgraphers, and dj's, and each one has a short video where they talk about what they do. I'm finding it helpful to be able to see them side-by-side to compare and not have to waste time with those I don't like. Hope that helps! Good luck planning your special day.

o

I was reading a few wedding blogs and ran across a photographer on the east coast that had awesome photos. I saw they went to NJ, NY & Conn IIRC, not sure how far up they go.

I'll have to see if I can find the link. Pretty sure I started off with tea length wedding dresses then ended up a various blogs where someone mentioned their photographer

o

Be careful about hiring a vendor that you have not actually met or received and checked references on. A person can tell you anything. One of the big issues with a photographer is the person's personality. If you don't click with them, it will show in your photos. You need someone that you are comfortable with. Many offer a free or low-cost engagement session so you can get to know each other.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here