Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where do you put favors?

Posted by luvmytbear (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 23, 07 at 16:27

This may sound like a goofy question, but I'm not sure how exactly this is done!

We're going to do two sets of favors. One is a flip flop decorated candle holder and the other is a little steel sand pail filled with candy. I planned on putting a candy pail at each place setting for the dinner so everyone had one, but I'm at a loss with the candles. We are not doing table seating other than bride and groom and parents; everyone can sit where they want to.

Obviously the candles are not intended for the kids (hence the candy pails). I want all the adults to receive the candles, but don't know where to put them. By the cake table? The guest book? Do I just hand them out to everyone? (That option doesn't appeal to me though, I'll be busy enough! lol)

Thank you for any suggestions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where do you put favors?

There are a couple of ways to handle your situation. You can place the candles by the guest book at the reception, if you take it there, or on a table near the entry door so that everyone can take one when they arrive. Another option is to place the candles in a basket and ask a couple of children to distribute them during the reception after the meal. Kids love to do this and guests are always willing to take something from a child. You will have enough to do without you handing out the favors.

o

We had champagne glass candles with almonds attached in a net & flowers for every couple & candy for everyone. The candy was put at the tables in their place settings & the candles were handed out to the women as they entered & were greated. Women care more about that stuff than guys. So each couple had a candle to share & candy for everyone.

o

If you are not having people sit at a place setting, presumably they will be table hopping, I would have some one hand them out as people leave. People really don't want to have candle holder in their hands during a party and they will put them down on the table and lforget them. Give them out as they leave...as a remembrance.

Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here