SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gellchom

What's the biggest wedding party you have seen?

gellchom
16 years ago

We went to a lovely wedding this weekend. It was very big -- I think almost 450 people! Both the bride and groom are local and have big families. It was a lot of fun; I love when I know both sides.

What was remarkable, though, was the size of the wedding party itself. I lost count of the bridesmaids and ushers -- probably a dozen or so of each. At least the guys came in two at a time, but the processional still took forever (especially because, with such a large group, it was a long aisle). People were kind of giggling -- really, it did look kind of silly to have such a huge group. It was surprising, as they are 31 and 26, not silly young kids, and it wasn't that they had a lot of siblings or cousins to include; only 4 attendants were even related. I wonder how their friends who didn't make the cut into such a large party felt. And before anyone flames me for being judgmental, no, it was NOT all that anyone noticed or cared about! The ceremony and reception were lovely, and we all had a great time.

Oh, and I made a point of noticing that the bridesmaids (even the pregnant one) wore matching dresses but NOT even remotely matching shoes (except for the color), and I am sure that but for this forum I would never even have noticed the shoes, even though the dresses were not long gowns.

Anyway, the total of that wedding party, including the grandparents, parents, and officiants but not the musicians, was 46. I am sure that's the largest group I've ever seen! What's your record?

Comments (18)