SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sep2897

party help please....

sep2897
18 years ago

A close friend called last night to say he's getting married Mar 11 @ 2:00....which is 38 days from now. We'd really, really like to do some sort of special party for them. But, here are our limitations...

time's very short--38 days till wedding. bride & groom busy many of weekends in between with work. If I plan pronto & send invites, like now, I could maybe pull off something before the wedding

out of towners--encompasses majority of possible guests. I want to be mindful that they'd also be traveling for wedding very shortly.

weather--it's cold & nothing outside possible here now

very small wedding--family, & scant number of friends, at a private ceremony. Best man/Matron of honor/Ring bearer only attendants. I can't ask other friends, not invited to wedding, to any prenuptial party or shower. No rehearsal dinner.

No "just girls" showers--need couples event, or families

2nd marriage for older bride--doesn't need to "set up" house & isn't registering anywhere, but event including gifts or not would be fine.

Any suggestions on what to do for them on such short notice? I'm trying to drum up ideas to present to bride & groom for their approval.

I'm toying with idea of throwing a big party afterwards (started thread asking about this), but it's not like they eloped, or had a destination wedding far away, so I don't know if it's better to just make something happen before the wedding, as traditionally would be.

Arrrgghhh! I'm gushing with excitement for them, but dang! it's a pain for it all to happen so fast, & the wedding be so tiny! Still love'em though & know it will be a more special wedding, being so small! Don't they know I have a party I want to give! Hee Hee ---all that is just in fun--this couple is awfully special to us...but, seriously...Help me people :)

Comments (5)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm