Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunday wedding

Posted by socks12345 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 17, 06 at 10:09

Is it appropriate to have a wedding at 11 a.m. on a Sunday?
I was thinking some people might be annoyed because it would interfere church, but most on the invitation list are not church-goers. However, I still feel a little uncomfortable with the time, more than the day.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunday wedding

Who will perform the ceremony? Can they come at that time? Personally, I would make it a bit later, such as 1 or 2 p.m., but if you want to have a reception lunch and your guests are not chuch goers, it may be fine.

Other considerations are: photos usually start 2 to 2 1/2 hours before the wedding, which would mean at 8:30 a.m. Will the bride have her hair done, and if so, when and by whom? And can it be done really early? Also, is the bride an early riser? She will need to be to have an 11 a.m. wedding. The rehearsal dinner, if held the night before, will need to be short so everyone can get to bed.

o

Regardless if most of your guests are church goers or not...marriage is still a sacrament and unless youa re being married by a JP in his office,11:))A.M on a Sunday is not appropriate. And even in a Jewish ceremony, Sunday morning is usually not done. See if you can't make it 2 hours later.
Linda C

o

I was married in the Russian Orthodox church and Sunday is the ONLY day to get married. But, 11 am after a Saturday night rehearsal dinner might be a tich early. I think 1 would be a nicer time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here