SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katclaws_mo

Rehearsal Dinner Invitations ???

katclaws_mo
18 years ago

Hello again,

Well, I have another question--this time about the wedding rehearsal invitations! As MOG, I knew we would be hosting the rehearsal dinner, but today I just heard that we need to send out invitations for this. Is that the norm these days? I just thought it was done by word of mouth from the bride & groom.

I know that the bride's & grooms immediate family, bridesmaid & grooms spouses/SO and parents of flower girls/ringbears and any out-of-town guest are to be invited.

Are any type of invitation OK, or are there special rehearsal dinner invitations? If invitations are not required, how is this information passed on to the guests?

Does anyone have any websites or planning guide suggestions to help me figure out the ettiquette of all of this. I even tried Martha Stewart and saw nothing there about rehearsal invites.

When I got married "way back in the day" my MIL was a widow and we just had a pizza party because we didn't want her to have a financial burden. Boy, weddings have sure changed--LOL

Thanks again for any help ~~ katclaws

Comments (12)