SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikeandbarb_gw

Big problems with wedding plans

mikeandbarb
15 years ago

I am the mother of the groom and so far I'm not happy with the brides family one bit. First let me tell you it's a fast romance to start with. Son met the girl and within 2 months he's asking her to marry him. They've only been together for 6 months now. They've planned on getting married in April. Her mom and sister acted all happy over joyed that they were wanting to get married, Me I just stayed in the back ground wait and watching how things go.

I got the bright idea of helping out cause nether one has the money to do up a nice wedding. Her parents don't have any money for the wedding and the two of them seem to really love and care for each other.

The whole time mom and sister has been on both of their case about getting things started, purchasing invitation and what not.

I invited son and daughter in law to be over and asked them if I could purchased to wedding invitations, while we were at it I let them purchase cake topper, flutes, cake knife server, you get the picture, We also went to Michaels MJ designs and purchased more items.

She was very happy with everything but when she called her sister to let her know we were getting the invitations sister BLEW HER TOP. She screamed at her that it's a mom and daughter thing to do up the wedding.

It's all a be mess there's LOT's more to the story and I told my son that I think her family is messed up big time.

Last Friday son, DILTB and her mom had plans to go scan shopping for the shower and the mom said they did not plan it on that day along with a few choice words pointing a finger at my son telling her daughter that he is interferring with the wedding. He wants to be a part of the plans, not everything but he doesn't want to be left out on some things. He dearly loves putting together dinners and parties so I can see he would be interested in helping out and choosing things together.

Her mom told them that she wanted to go to a printer to pick out the invitations, so I told my son well she can pay for it.

They keep telling them they have time. I'm like hello it's now less then 4 months away to get everything done.

Well, I ranted .....I'll just have to pray it will be ok.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus