SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scarlett2001

Bride and groom are...well...very unattractive

scarlett2001
15 years ago

My husband is a photographer and does beautiful wedding photos. And yes, I know "all brides are beautiful" and I'm certainly not looking down on somebody who is uh... less than presentable, because I would never win any beauty contests myself.

But, here is the story: the couple are just...there's no way the photographer can make them look good. Not with stretching the photos so they seem taller and thinner or using a heavy filter. A lot of money was spent on this wedding and my husband knows he will be criticized for the resulting photos. I have seen the proofs, the couple has not yet seen the photos. I mean, even with a ton of retouching, they are to sit down and cry about. What to do, what to do? How to even say it to them? This is so terribly delicate. All I can think of is to show them maybe to the bride's mother and offer to refund the money and destroy the photos. But then they will not have any professional wedding pictures. A good photographer makes his subjects look better than they do. But this case was just hopeless.

Comments (41)