SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
taigen_gw

Just an update

taigen_gw
18 years ago

I just thought I would take a moment to update you all on our daughter's wedding plans as so many of you have very kindly given us such great advice.

We have booked the tent, better to be safe than sorry and if it turns out to be a beautiful day people may enjoy the shade while eating.

Bought lots of white lights after Christmas and I also kept out some neat ones I was given last Christmas. They are large balls that turn various colours. I thought they may look nice at the front of the head table.

Stashed LOTS of extension cords, power bars etc. from Christmas too.

The dress is at the seamstress' and she is adjusting the straps only at this time. Will wait on hem etc. till we have shoes. She is also going to make a bolero (sp?) jacket for me from the wrap I bought.

Invitations are all "programed" in. Still need to do the reply cards.

Got the pre-lite arches at Michaels and today I got "garlands" of coloured mirrors that I will inter-twine on the arches. They will also make a nice backdrop behind the head table. They were only .74 each.

Started making the stained glass dragonflies for the favors. I got 26 lower wing sets cut today.

The photographer is also booked. Wow are they exspensive!! But we were lucky and found one that will do the entire day and even come back that night for the fireworks.

Got the tables and chairs booked and were very pleased that there will be no charge!! They are from the grooms church.

We have come up with 2 "surprises" for the couple. One is a large box of hellium balloons,when they pull the ribbons the lid will open and they will all fly away (we are hoping)

The other is I am making a stained glass panel of a bride and groom but will not "finish" it in a channel. I will pre-cut,grind and foil small pieces that will be handed out at the reception with paint pens. everyone can sign the glass. The panel will be given at the reception and this will be explained to the couple and guests. Then I will use these pieces to "frame" the panel. When the couple sends out the thank you's we will include a photo of the piece with all the names attached.

I know there is more I wanted to update you on but can't think of it right now. I just wanted to thank you all so much for thoughts and advice. I'll keep you posted when I get a chance.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz