Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
short destination wedding dress recommendation?

Posted by fedyk9 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 2, 09 at 15:51

I have a destination wedding planned at the Ritz in Maui next August and was wondering if any of you have any recommendations for a knee or tea length dress for a petite bride? I am looking for something somewhat informal and would even be open to bridesmaid recommendations! THanks in advance for your help.
Amanda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: short destination wedding dress recommendation?

This is a great time to check the department stores for party dresses on sale. Around prom time is another good time to find dresses in department stores. Also look for cruise wear. If all else fails, you may need to have a dress made. It seems that there are few shorter dresses currently available that are not dark colored cocktail dresses. You might also want to do an on-line search and see what you find.

o

Buy a bridal magazine and see what you can find. Also check out Jessica McClintock's line.

o

As you aren't looking for a traditional wedding gown, I would look at bridal shops almost as a last resort. You should be able to find a fabulous party dress, better made, for less money, at a dress shop or department store -- or even made to order by a seamstress. You can always purchase a veil if you want the effect to be very wedding-y.

o

Many bridesmaid's dresses come in ivory or white. I was married in an invory silk dupioni bridesmaid's dress from Belsoie. When I got married (2001) there were hardly any tea length dresses shown, but there are more now. Try Belsoie/Jasmine and Alfred Angelo.

Also, you can have a longer gown shortened.

o

Take a look at J. Crew's site (now that you can get into it again). They have a Wedding section and have shorter dresses under "Bridesmaids".

Here is a link that might be useful: J. Crew Bridesmaids Dresses

o

I got my dress online at RomanticThreads..They had a lot of tea length..not too expensive..I did have to have it altered when I got it...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here