Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Great song for first dance

Posted by droosmom (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 14, 07 at 15:30

Hey just wanted to share this wonderful song I found that would be great for the couple's first dance, or even to incorporate into the ceremony. It does have a little religious bent to it, so if that's not for you, then you probably wouldn't like it. It's called Til the End of Time by Steve Green.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Great song for first dance

Here's another idea - I'm gonna use - "Welcome To My World" by Jim Reeves - easy to dance to for grooms that hate to dance (like mine)

Welcome to my world
Won't you come on in
Miracles I guess
Still happen now and then
Step into my heart
Leave your cares behind
Welcome to my world
Built with you in mind
Knock and the door will open
Seek and you will find
Ask and you'll be given
The key to this world of mine
I'll be waiting here
With my arms unfurled
Waiting just for you
Welcome to my world

Soooo pretty!

o
RE: Great song for first dance

my DH and I thought that the first dance should really spring from our own relationship somehow. We didn't have an "our song," so I asked DH to pick one that he liked, that meant something to him somehow.

he picked Bruce Springsteen's, "All the Heaven Will Allow." It made me cry.

Then the band his dad hired (good for Yugoslavian ballroom dancing, lousy lousy for all the rock 'n' roll type stuff) BUTCHERED it! It was awful to dance to. I was so MAD!

Then, we saw the video someone had taken, a few weeks later, and I laughed SO hard I literally fell out of my chair onto the floor. My stomach was cramping up so hard with laughing, I couldn't straighten up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here