SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
qtebaby786_gw

Do I have the right to say no (Bridesmaid)

Qtebaby786
13 years ago

A friend of mine recently got engaged and made me her bridesmaid. I've only known her for about year and a half but became really close to her. Her MOH planned a "get away bachelorette" bash with the 5 bridesmaids and the bride and 4 other close friends. She wants to "wild out" one last time. They plan to go to Vagas and do the whole strip club, clubbing, site seeing experience. I really wanted to go but i'm not comfortable with going to strip club AT ALL. I also am not so excited to leave my husband and go when he and I wanted to go to Vagas together (we've never been). I told the MOH I can't go and my husband is not comfortable about it but she wouldn't take no for an answer. That only just made my husband look like a controlling freak which he isn't.

I don't have a CLUE how to get out of this but I also know that my friend who is getting married will also be upset because when she made me her bridesmaid she specifically told me she wants me only because I'm not like the others where I will judge her and that she is comfortable with me and can share everything. If I dont go, she might think I am judging her and the rest of the girls on what they are doing (which I'm not) and may also think that she made a mistake in choosing me. I don't want to loose her as a friend. I am totally stuck in the middle between choosing my and my husband's feelings and my friend's feelings. Is there a way to get out of this? Please help!

Comments (8)