SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
devorahdinah

Step Daughter Wedding

devorahdinah
14 years ago

I've been been engaged for over 4 years. We were waiting for my fiance's divorce to finalize. My future step daughter is getting married this year and I have offered to help her. I am upset because she hasn't asked me to help her. In fact, she's asked her future mother-in-law to help makes plans. The father, my fiance, is paying $20,000 for the wedding. The SD only corresponds with her dad. I have always nurtured a relationship between her and me ... lunches, shopping (paying for her) and keeping her company when she was in the hospital. Her bio mom use to be close with her ... not now. The SD is seeing how her bio mom really is and why the parents got divorced. The bio mom has renegged on paying for her shoes and hair. The excuse is her younger brothers moved back home. The bio mom gets a ton of alimony monthly so this is not an real excuse. In any case, the SD was at my house (and fiance's) and mentioned the bridal shower to her father in front of me ... asking if he was going to it. This was the first time I heard of the plans. She didn't look at me or ask if I were going. The father was surprised because "guys don't go." The SD meant after the party. I think this is rude. I kept telling my fiance early in the relationship that she never says "hello" when we meet up together. She acts as if I am not there. This really bothers me. My fiance does not see it. I packed my bags once and she asked him if "it was something she said or did." Four years ago when I moved here to be with my fiance, the daughter hadn't met me and her boyfriend (a different one) phoned from the bar they were at ... he said "you care more about your slutty girlfriend than your own daughter." I do not want to go the wedding. I think the SD is being rude on purpose. I am upset because she doesn't include me in the plans .... she bi-passes me even when I email her directly and emails a response to her dad. Am I crazy? Is this normal behavior? The SD is 25 years and an adult, as I see it. My fiance tells me that I have to be the adult.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor