Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wedding reception decoration ideas please.........

Posted by rosepetal2 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 18, 06 at 9:59

My daughter is getting married this July. It will be an outdoor country setting (pond,decking and gazebo) with the reception in a barn type building. She won't want cowboy or country themed ideas on the table. Probably mirror tile with candles/flowers etc. Have any of you seen anything nice at weddings that you would recomend?

Thanks,
Diane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wedding reception decoration ideas please.........

I love what I call a "country elegant" look - tablecloths to the ground, maybe table toppers or runners in one of the wedding colors. The last wedding like that that I coordinated, the bride used Mason canning jars filled with daisies and greenery for centerpieces. She used semi-sheer light purple toppers over white tablecloths. She tied a purple ribbon around the neck of each jar.

I have another country wedding coming up. We will use ivory linens to the ground (round tables). For the centerpieces, she is using large flat sunflowers. A votive candle will be set into the center of the sunflowers. They will be surrounded by grape vine.

As you can see, there are numerous things that you can do to reflect the location and not look too country casual.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here