Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
recipe: your best vegetable lasagna...please

Posted by penny_md6 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 4, 01 at 23:09

I'm looking for a good recipe for vegetable lasagna. This is a dish I've made for many years on Christmas Eve. The children love it and and look forward to mom's lasagna on Christmas Eve, but we now must take the meat out. Oh, help me out here please.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: recipe: your best vegetable lasagna...please

My daughter has vegetarian friends who eat dairy products so when they visit I often make two lasagnes, one meat and one vegetarian. I'd be happy with just the vegetarian but the rest of the family prefers the meat one.
I make a sauce as I'd make normal bolognese sauce, but instead of meat I put in heaps of small-diced vegetables- green peppers, zucchinis, celery, mushrooms, leeks, and grated carrots. Simmer until it's like bolognese sauce. Then layer as usual with pasta sheets and I use a bechamel sauce with heaps of grated cheese melted through. I know some vegetarians use ricotta cheese instead but ricotta requires a 50 mile round trip here and I don't usually get that much time to plan ahead :-)
Hope this helps
CJ

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here