(jhicks@infonet.ca) on
Sat, Dec 8, 01 at 15:49

what is your favorite veggie dip.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: veggie dips

One 16 ounce tub of sour cream
One packet of Lipton Vegetable Soup Mix
One 10 ounce frozen package of chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry.

Mix all together and serve with assorted raw veggies like, pepper strips, carrots, celery, radishes, cucumber slices etc etc.

YUMMY !

o

(1) eight ounce tub of sourcream
(1) eight ounce tub of unflavored yogurt
(1) Packet of Health Food shop vegan soup mix
(1) 10ounce frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry.

Mix together---then spice it up to suit the guests. I use garlic, hot peppers, freshly ground spices, dried herbs
etc. Use your imagination and what you have on hand. Dill is a family favorite. My girlfriends prefer taragon!
Enjoy--
Lauron

o

Could you please tell me what brand of sour cream you have found that is vegetarian? All the brands I can find in the supermarkets here contain rennet- I would love to be able to have a sour cream and onion dip! Also, could you tell me where I could possibly locate whatever brand you are using, the health food store or supermarket? Thanks!

o

My next trip "our East" I will write down the name that the health food shop gets in around the holidays--the name escapes me right now. I am trying to shed an extra few holiday pounds- luckily the weather still allows us northeasters the opportunity to walk! (and no need snowshoes) And Sew it goes!
Laura

o

I buy Daisy brand and have told my veg. daughter that it doesn't say anything added on the carton. I need to call and be sure that rennet isn't in it (poetic few words there) as she doubts it is r. free. Sharon

o

Another thought on rennet free products: I think that I recall the brand of sour cream was from a "dairy" in New Jersey that specializes in food that is "cattle" free for the Indian from India community. It is worth an internet search for such products. Good Luck!
And Sew it goes!
Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here