Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Baked appetizers

Posted by lowspark (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 9, 04 at 11:46

Need to bring a veggie appetizer to a potluck this weekend and I would like to use my new convection oven to prepare it. Any good ideas? thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Baked appetizers

Fancy meeting you hear! How about some spanikopita (spinach pie)? I roll it up like a snake for a nice presentation:
(measurements are approximate)
3 cups fresh spinach-steamed and extremely well drained
3/4 lb feta cheese
12 oz cottage cheese
4 scallions-thinly sliced
2 eggs-well beaten
black pepper
mix above well
1 box phyllo
2 sticks melted butter
Lay out 4 sheets phyllo, brushing each layer with melted butter. Put mixture along long edge and roll up phyllos, place in a spiral shape, seam side down. Brush top of phyllo with extra butter especially where each roll begins and ends (you want it to be one long spiral, when done). Bake at 350 degrees for approx 45 mins. (keep an eye during last 10 mins)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here