Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Thanksgiving Dinner

Posted by auntiecat (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 23, 08 at 21:47

We are having a Mushroom/Leek stuffing as our main deal(2006 Country Home recipe), mashed potatoes and a vegan homemade gravy, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, green beans with shallots(Vegetarian Times recipe)rolls, corn, celery stuffed with cream cheese and bleu cheese, and a pumpkin bundt cake. We tried the Tofurkey one year, none of us liked it. Other years, we have had a lentil loaf, but we're skipping it this year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Thanksgiving Dinner

From Country Home magazine: Mushroom/Leek stuffing
12 oz. assorted fresh mushrooms
3 leeks, thinly sliced, white part only
3 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 cup butter (we use smart balance instead)
2 Tbsp snipped fresh sage
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
12 cups of dry assorted bread cubes(we use rye, whole wheat, sourdough)
1-1 1/4 chicken broth (we use veggie broth)
In a large skillet, cook mushrooms, leeks, and garlic in butter until tender but not brown. Remove from heat. Stir in sage & pepper. In a large bowl, combine dry bread cubes& mushroom mixture. Drizzle with enough broth to moisten, tossing lightly to combine. Spoon into casserole dish. Bake covered, about 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees. This is so good!

o

I've put stuffing like that in baked acorn squash for a nice holiday presentation, although I think I added some brown lentils. Thanks for posting this recipe, I want to give it a try this year. I struggle to make really good stuffing.

o

We're having a Quorn roast -- they're much better than tofurkey. Kind of odd looking, though :)

o

Putting the stuffing in the acorn squash sounds like a good idea. I'm always trying to think of a new item for supper/dinner. We actually did have a quorn roast one year, it was pretty good. Then we stopped eating quorn, because it wasn't vegan. At this time we are no longer strictly vegan, so quorn is back on the menu!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here