Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Lasagna made with Tofu in place of noodles

Posted by pjatpeace (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 27, 06 at 15:55

I have seen recipes with Tofu used in place of the meat but my sister-in-law's brother's wife makes it with the Tofu in place of the noodles and I wanted to see if anyone had a recipe out there.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Lasagna made with Tofu in place of noodles

I dunno if this is what you're looking for, but it's a good dish.

Tofu Parmigiana

1 1/2 lbs. tofu
2 eggs
1 TBLSP tamari
3/4 cup wheat germ or bran
3/4 cup grated parmesean cheese
Oil for cooking
1/2 cup onions
1 carrot, shredded
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 cups tomatoes, seeded and diced, or 1 cup thick puree
1 TBLSP fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried
1 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
salt to taste
8 thin slices mozzarella cheese
Cooked brown rice

Slice tofu into 8 thin slices (I must have used a firm, water-pack type). Beat together egg and tamari. Mix together wheat germ and 1/4 cup of parmesean in a dinner or pie plate. Dip tofu in egg, then dry mixture. Refridgerate while you prepare the saice. Saute onion, carrot, garlic and mushrooms in olive oil (about 2 TBLSP I would guess). Add remaining ingredients. Simmer on low until thick. Fry sliced tofu in oil until golden brown (maybe 3 TBLSP oil, I always just eyeball it). Heat broiler. Spread sauce in the bottom of a shallow baking pan that will hold all the tofu. Place browned tofu on top of sauce in a single layer. Top tofu with mozzarella slices. Pour remaining sauce over and around tofu. Dust with the rest of the parmesean. Broil until cheese is bubbly. Serve over rice if desired, or with crusty bread.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here