Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Vegan Soy-Free Treenut-Free Eggnog

Posted by soyfree2b (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 22, 06 at 11:21

Hello, I am looking for a recipe for eggnog. Unfortunately, I am allergic to eggs, soy, milk, and all the treenuts except for almonds. I have searched online for a long time, but I did not find any. So that is my question, any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Vegan Soy-Free Treenut-Free Eggnog

could you just substitute rice milk for the dairy products in a standard egg nog recipe. delete the eggs and thicken the nog with cornstarch, arrow root or tapioca starch, use whatever sweetener you like and then add your choice of rum, brandy or whiskey to it and season with nutmeg?

since sammonella has take place, i've normally made a custard with eggs, sugar and milk and cornstarch. then thinned it with rum and then folded in whipped creamm to make my egg nog.

you could also use almond milk and flavor your nog with
ammaretto.
diggerb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here