Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: freezing tofu??

Posted by lilgem (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 30, 06 at 20:42

Can I freeze cooked tofu "meatballs"
Will freezing cooked tofu ruin the texture/taste?
I plan to serve in 3 days.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: freezing tofu??

This is way too late to help you -- did you freeze the meatballs? Did they turn out ok? Anyway, just thought I'd let you know I freeze tofu all the time. It does change the texture somewhat (makes it more chewy) but doesn't ruin it, to my thinking. In fact, I kind of prefer the texture of frozen tofu and will sometimes freeze it then thaw it before I use it. I don't know how the meatballs would be, depends on what else is in them, but I'd think that would be fine. A lot of the "fake meat" products on the market have tofu in them and they're frozen.

For what it's worth, food with tofu in it usually keeps really well, so if you planned to serve them in three days they might not need freezing.

If you see this let me know how things worked out!

o
RE: RECIPE: freezing tofu??

Lilgem,

Can you give me your receipe for tofu meatballs please??

Marshall

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here