Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Adzuki Bean Recipies

Posted by hettar7 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 07 at 19:10

I planted some adzuki beans in my garden this year and now I need recipies to use them in. Any recipe would be appreciated although I'm specifically interested in a recipe for sesame balls with a red bean paste filling. The balls are golf ball sized, the outside layer is crunchy/chewy and coated with sesame seeds, when you shake it you can hear the filling rattle inside it. The ones I tried had a mung? bean filling, but I'd like to use the red adzuki beans instead. Anyway, if you all could help me out that would be great! I hope to have some ideas soon for how to use up my adzuki beans. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Adzuki Bean Recipies

I ran across this the other day, while looking for rice ball recipes. This isn't excatly what you're looking for as it uses mung beans, but maybe you could just substitute the type of bean? PS I'm trying to find a source to buy adzumi beans locally, maybe I should try growing some! Are they difficult to grow?

Here is a link that might be useful: Fried Glutinous Rice Balls

o
Baked Rice Balls

Here's the one I want to make.

Baked Rice Balls with Teriyaki Dip

1/3 c adzuki beans
c brown rice
2 tsp grated fresh ginger root
1 cup water
2 tsp lemon juice
Flesh from 2-3 umeboshi plums or 1-2 tsp umeboshi paste
2-3 T sesame seeds
Salt and pepper to taste

For the dip
3 T shoyu or tamari
3 T mirin

1. Cover the beans with water and bring to a b oil, then reduce the heat, half cover the pan and simmer for 45 minutes, or until tender. Drain.

2. Put the rice and ginger into a sauce pan with the measured water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover the pan and allow to cook over a very gentle heat for 30-40 minutes, or until the rice is tender and all the water has been absorbed.

3. Put the rice into a food processor with the beans, lemon juice, umeboshi and some salt and pepper and whiz to a thick mixture that holds together. .

4. Put the sesame seed onto a large plate, them break off large marble-size pieces of the rice mixture and roll them in the seeds to form 18 balls. Place the rice balls on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven, 350 degrees, for 20 minutes, or until crisp on the outside.

5. To make the dip, mix the shoyu or tamari with the mirin in a small bowl and serve with the rice balls.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here