Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Help, need advice!

Posted by
Terryl
(t.myers4@home.com) on
Tue, Oct 30, 01 at 14:24

Just recently, as of October 2nd, I have ventured into vegetarianism. I have since then expeienced severe skin problems. The symptoms are many bumps covering my entire face, similar to acne without the whiteheads. Someone has mentioned that it is possibly millia. Does anybody know if this would be related to a lack of protein in my diet as I have yet to learn proper protein substitution?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Help, need advice!

Terryl,

Go see a doctor -- it may or may not have anything to do with your new vegetarianism, but I'm not sure anyone here can help you out without the benefit of medical training and the opportunity to perform a physical exam, talk with you about your diet, etc. Good luck!

o
RE: RECIPE: Help, need advice!

After becoming a vegetarian, did you introduce any new foods into your diet that you had never eaten before? If so, your rash could be due to a food allergy. Try to remember if you have eaten anything totally new, such as certain fruits, vegetables, nuts, etc. If you can pin it down to a particular food, that could be the cause of your rash.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here