Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
booberry85

RECIPE: Vegan Cookie recipes

booberry85
17 years ago

I'm the cookie baker for Christmas. I usually start sometime between mid October and early November and freeze a lot of cookies. However, this year my sister and BIL have decided to give me an added challenge. They went vegan! My BIL had been having some health issues.

I've tried looking up some vegan cookie recipes on line but most look like glorified granola bars or have ingredients I've never heard of (not that I'm opposed to trying them). Anyway, I'd like some tried and true cookie recipes that are vegan friendly.

Some other miscellaneous items after talking to my BIL. He's allergic to fruits with pits in them; he has a mild nut allergy (I didn't know this until this year! He's been a part of our family for 17 years!). Dark chocolate is yummy stuff in his opinion. He's not eating any dairy or eggs. Honey is fine though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Boo

Comments (4)

• booberry85
    Original Author
    17 years ago

This hasn't moved so I'll answer my own question.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vegan Cookie Recipes

• shwetagarg
    17 years ago

hey BOO
    I wud love to c the recipes as we(me n my husband) dont use eggs . and i am really enthu to try some home baked cookies...but cudnt open the link u gave
    can u try again plz
    thanks

• booberry85
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That link I posted above no longer works. Here's a link to another site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vegan cookies

• jclepine
    16 years ago

I think that any cookie recipe works if you:
    Replace butter with vegan margarine, I like Earth Balance which comes in tubs and sticks.
    Replace chocolate chips with dairy free chocolate chips. NO! Not carob...Tropical Source makes a really good vegan chip that is real chocolate but it is produced where nuts are produced.
    Well, that is a lot of name brand dropping, but those two things work very well for me.
    I don't see why regular recipes can't work...I've got vegan friends who make everything under the sun...there is egg substitute, too, so it shouldn't be too hard.
    Have fun baking!