Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sumitasilwal

LOOKING for: vegetarian recipie

sumitasilwal
10 years ago

I have invited some friends for dinner this sunday. But the problem is they are all vegetarian and I have very few idea about such foods. I would be greatful if anyone would share me some recipie of such foods which are veg., easy to make, delicious and healthy.

Comments (4)

• starraffy
    10 years ago

Try a a vegetarian juice as well next time you do have visitors again. Try juicing vegetables!

Ingredients

1 lbs large carrots (washed and peeled)
    1/2 lemon (peeled)
    few green leafs such as red lettuce or carrot greens
    1 apple

Put all ingredients in your juicer. (A masticating slow juicer is easiest for carrots.) Mix. Drink immediately.

The health benefits of carrot juice? It provides Vitamin A, B Vitamins, Vitamin E and many minerals (including calcium).

• elizabeth lurie
    8 years ago

I make a lentil dish that I like a lot. Take about a cup of the brown lentils. Saute the dry lentils in a little olive oil for about a minute. Then season with dried sage and salt or poultry seasoning. Add about two cups of water and simmer until the lentils are tender, about 20 minutes. Add more water if you need it as it cooks. Taste for seasoning and add more if you like. These can be eaten alone or tucked into pita bread or combined with brown rice. Some sliced tomatoes or a green vegetable or salad can complete the meal. A baguette sliced and brushed with olive oil and run under the broiler briefly is also a welcome addition. The lentils can be made ahead and even frozen. I often combine this with a package of frozen brown rice which is available at Trader Joes and Whole Food. Combining the lentils with rice,or a grain product make the protein complete.

• Jim Gagnepain
    8 years ago

Are they vegan? If not, veggie lasagna is easy, and works great for entertaining. Take a typical lasagna recipe, and substitute ground crumbles. These are available by many manufacturers, including Trader Joes, Target, Morningstar, Boca, etc. I like adding a layer of spinach and walnuts, with grilled onions. I originally got this idea from Laurel's cookbook. She has a great recipe, called lasagna fiorno, with walnuts and spinach. The walnuts are great for a varying texture.

• rgreen48
    8 years ago

You should ask them if they have any preferences. There are so many different personal choices within the realm of 'vegetarian' it isn't funny. There are already countless books!

Whenever someone invites me and lets me know they are nervous about what to make, I tell them, just make what you normally make, leave out the ingredients I don't eat (I've been vegan and vegetarian at different times in my life) and I'll eat that...

If they have steak, green beans, and potatoes, then I'll have the green beans and potatoes. If they have omelets, I'll have the veggies without the eggs.

Really, the body doesn't need a 'square meal' at every sitting and being picky when you are the guest is quite unbecoming. Trust me, just being conscious of your guests' diet and your concern is appreciated by them. If you can find something that is vegetarian and sounds good to you, without asking them, they might not like it or even be allergic to it lol... Never be afraid to ask!

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts