Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Gazpacho all Gaudalajara

Posted by sunnyco (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 3, 04 at 10:22

This recipe was in the Fort Worth (maybe Dallas?) paper years ago. It is from Michael Downard who was, at the time, employed by Whole Foods Market in Richardson TX. I have added my own notes.

I have made it several times since and like it a lot.

1 pound frozen cut corn (I dont like frozen corn so much so I get corn on the cob, cook it, and slice it off.)
30 ounces tomato juice
1 pound cucumbers (I halve this amount since DH and I are not crazy about cucumbers but this amount tastes good to me)
2 fresh, ripe avocados
2 1/2 ounces lime juice (this usually works out to be the juice of one lime for me, or close enough that I dont bother cutting into a second one)
1/2 ounce minced garlic (or if you are me, more)
1 1/2 t ground cumin
1 t sea salt (I use less and work my way up because the tomato juice is salty and sometimes this is too much)
half a bunch of cilantro
pinch of cayenne or to taste (I will warn you that this takes a little while to fully "steep" into the soup. Once I got carried away and it tasted good at first but a few hours later it was too hot for me)

Gather all ingredients.

Thaw the corn.

Peel, seed and cut cukes into inch pieces (I guess that means dice. That is what I do)

Chop cilantro

Combine all ingredients EXCEPT avocado.

Mix well.

Halve avocado, remove pit, spoon out pulp and dice into 1/4" pieces.

Add to other ingredients and fold carefully to mix in the avocado but not so you turn the avocado to mush.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Gazpacho all Gaudalajara

Sounds very good. I have definitely added this to my file and hope to make soon. Thanks.

o
RE: RECIPE: Gazpacho all Gaudalajara

Thanks for the recipe. It sounds great. Just as soon as it warms up a bit, I'll make it. And I just love The Whole Foods Market. I travel 3 hours back to Houston about once a month just to shop at the Whole Foods Market on Alabama.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here