Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunnyco

RECIPE: Gazpacho all Gaudalajara

sunnyco
19 years ago

This recipe was in the Fort Worth (maybe Dallas?) paper years ago. It is from Michael Downard who was, at the time, employed by Whole Foods Market in Richardson TX. I have added my own notes.

I have made it several times since and like it a lot.

1 pound frozen cut corn (I donÂt like frozen corn so much so I get corn on the cob, cook it, and slice it off.)

30 ounces tomato juice

1 pound cucumbers (I halve this amount since DH and I are not crazy about cucumbers but this amount tastes good to me)

2 fresh, ripe avocados

2 1/2 ounces lime juice (this usually works out to be the juice of one lime for me, or close enough that I donÂt bother cutting into a second one)

1/2 ounce minced garlic (or if you are me, more)

1 1/2 t ground cumin

1 t sea salt (I use less and work my way up because the tomato juice is salty and sometimes this is too much)

half a bunch of cilantro

pinch of cayenne or to taste (I will warn you that this takes a little while to fully "steep" into the soup. Once I got carried away and it tasted good at first but a few hours later it was too hot for me)

Gather all ingredients.

Thaw the corn.

Peel, seed and cut cukes into ¼ inch pieces (I guess that means dice. That is what I do)

Chop cilantro

Combine all ingredients EXCEPT avocado.

Mix well.

Halve avocado, remove pit, spoon out pulp and dice into 1/4" pieces.

Add to other ingredients and fold carefully to mix in the avocado but not so you turn the avocado to mush.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County