Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunnyco

RECIPE: Recipe: Almondaise

sunnyco
19 years ago

I told a couple of people I would post this when I could. sorry it took so long. There was a vacation and a pile of papers to dig through but I got it.

Almondaise

1/4c whole, raw almonds

1/4c water

1 ½ T lemon juice (I would not put this all in at once. it was a little too tart last time I made it but good the time before. Must depend on the lemon)

sliver of fresh garlic

spices/herbs/salt to taste

3/4c canola oil

Blanch almonds, cool by running cold water over them for a bit and remove skins by slipping them off.*

Blend almonds and water to a smooth paste.**

Add lemon, garlic and spices. Blend again.

With blender running, slowly drizzle oil in.

* This is a very slippery process and you might want to blanch a few extra almonds so you end up with a whole 1/4c. Once you get your technique it is not too bad but at first I always lost a few when they went shooting out of the skins. Fun, but not really the point of the whole thing. The way that works best for me is to rotate the skin on the almond to loosen it, and then squeeze it directly into my other hand, which is cupped around it so it canÂt get away.

** In my blender, this is a mess. Hopefully you have a smaller blender than me. Either way, it involves a lot of shutting off and scraping the sides. Shutting off the blender is an important step. I know from experience.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz