Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Balanced nutrition

Posted by michele_in_ATL (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 10, 02 at 16:02

Hi fellow veggies;
I would be interested in hearing what your diets/meals consist of, and how you balance out your nutrition. I have been a veggie for 10+ years, but most of that time I didn't eat right (not enough protein, iron, vit. D, etc). As long as it wasn't meat, I ate it (mostly pasta), not paying attention to nutritional value. After bouts with anemia and lack of energy, I did my research and shaped up my diet adding legumes, nuts, seeds, more variety of beans, and more fruits. I still eat lots of leafy greens and spinach, and have recently added tofu to my diet, after finding many tasty recipes on this forum:)

Do you actually mentally "weigh" out your nutrition/vitamin intake daily as you plan out your meals to make sure you are getting all the supplements you need? Also, how many of you take vitamin supplements to help with what you may be missing? I take a multi, a B-Complex, and a Bioflavonoid complex (citrus fruits) daily.
Thanks for your input. I am sure I can learn a thing or two from you all.
Thanks, and cheers!
Michele

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Balanced nutrition

I don't deliberately plan my meals that way. I tend to put things together that seem to go together(beans & rice for example) I eat a lot of ethnic cuisine and it seems to be figured out for me. Been a veggie for 26 years and am very healthy.
The only supplement that I take is E.
I don't buy into the lack of protein thing that people worry about with a veggie diet. Think we eat way more protein than we need anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here