Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Peach Lentil recipe

Posted by hamiltongardener (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 9, 07 at 22:26

Hi everyone,

I tasted something wonderful once at a food and wine festival and looking to see if anyone knows a recipe. It was a simple lentil dish flavoured with peaches. It's not a soup, and didn't have any rice in it (although that might be good) It wasn't spicy so I don't think there were hot peppers in it. I don't know if it's an Asian dish or not.

Does this dish sound familiar to anyone? And does anyone have a recipe?

A google search for "peach lentil recipes" turns up nothing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Peach Lentil recipe

Hi hamiltongardener,
I think I know what you are talking about. My sister had a recipe for a dish with red lentils and peaches when she was on a diet. She is not a vegetarian, but she liked that dish a lot. I am a vegetarian and I really liked that dish as well. I don't have the recipe here, but I am sure my sister can send it to me. I will post it here when I get it.

o
Apricot Lentil Recipe

I just received the recipe from my sister. It actually contains (dried) apricots and not peaches, but it is really good and easy to prepare. Here is the recipe:

Indian Lentil Stew (ingredients per person)

3 tbsp wheat (whole kernels)
4 tbsp red lentils (dried)
1 small clove of garlic
2 green onions
2 carrots
25 g dried apricots
2 tbsp vegetable oil (preferably whet germ oil)
salt, pepper, curry and cumin

The day/evening before:

Add one cup of water to the wheat and bring to a boil. Add the dried apricots and lentils and let soak overnight (without additional heat).

Next day:

Heat up the oil and saut the cut vegetables and crushed garlic. Add the lentils, apricots and wheat including the liquid. Season to taste using salt, pepper, curry and cumin and simmer for 20 minutes.

Enjoy!

o

Thanks!

I thought you had forgotten.

I appreciate it very much.

o

You're welcome. I hope you like it. I haven't made it yet, so I am not sure how easy you can find all the ingredients. In germany, you get the red lentils just about anywhere...haven't seen them here yet. I haven't really looked too hard for them though. I guess another color would work also, but it just looks prettier with the red ones.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here