Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Looking for new ways to fix Zucchini

Posted by minirose1 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 29, 08 at 19:06

Does anyone have a new way to fix zucchini? We fix it fried, grilled, sauteed, in casserole, nut bread and raw in salads, but would love to hear how other people might fix it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Looking for new ways to fix Zucchini

Julia Child's Volume II of Mastering the Art of French Cooking has several unusual and interesting recipes, but they do involve a bit of work, like shredding them in a box shredder, then putting the shreds into a dish towel and squeezing the liquid out of them. Then you can saute them in olive oil or butter and add garlic, parsley maybe some red pepper flakes for some heat. Mix with some fingerling potatoes and you have a nice vegetable side dish, or toss with pasta and add parmesan cheese for a nice main course.

Also, Italians are very fond of adding zucchini in their minestrone, usually in fairly large chunks so they hold up well for simmering in the broth.

o

Thanks for the suggestions, haus proud, will check on Julia. I forgot to add that I've shredded them with onion and carrot and made patties that were fried in a little butter. Pretty good!

o

Stuffing them is good, too. Just cut lengthwise and hollow out the middles a bit, stuff with any combo you like. I like finely chopped mushroom, onion, celery, and parts of the scooped out zucchini sauteed and then mixed with bread crumbs, panko are good. Bake in the oven, 'til done.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here