Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Cooking Tofu Successfully

Posted by purpleaa (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 14, 09 at 18:38

For years I've followed recipes for stir frying, deep frying, or pan frying tofu. No matter what I did, the tofu would immediately begin sticking.

I just tried the following and it worked quite well. The flavor and texture are much better too.

Organic extra firm tofu
Cooking spray

Slice the tofu to about half an inch thick. Pat dry. Put on a plate and freeze overnight. Spray lightly with cooking spray and grill. I used the George Foreman. Every once in a while, I'd open the top to make sure as much steam as possible could escape.

The result is firm and dry--great for serving in salads--just let it marinate for a few minutes in the dressing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Cooking Tofu Successfully

Interesting - I freeze my tofu but I freeze the whole package, not individual slabs (or cubes). I might try that but I don't have trouble with sticking because I always roast mine. I DO use cooking spray and a little soy sauce before roasting.

I found a recipe on another web site that recommended marinating in lime juice (for at least 30 minutes I think), soy sauce and sesame oil first before roasting. Think I will try that too.
Thanks for the post.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here