Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: easy lunch ideas

Posted by
Amber
(Stars2548@aol.com) on
Fri, Jun 22, 01 at 18:13

I am looking for some recipes that I can make for lunch that are fairly easy and won't take more than a 1/2 hour. I have been having Boca burgers and soup for many days and am looking for something new!! I would prefer the recipes to not have lots of cheese, but some is ok. They could have vegetables, tempeh, tofu, rice, noodles, sauces, etc. Anything creative!! Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: easy lunch ideas

Pasta salad: Cook macaroni noodles or shells or what ever shape appeals, then add a jar of marinated artichoke hearts (drained), a small can of sliced black olives, sun-dried tomatoes (I buy them julienned), some basil, maybe a little crumbled feta cheese or a small can of tuna (drained). This of course is just one combination that I like; you can add what you like. While pasta cooks you can be getting everything else ready to toss in, and the whole thing can take just 10 minutes.

o

thickly sliced zucchini (the long way) brushed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, salted and peppered, and then baked. yum yum yum. Try cutting it into smaller pieces when it is done and putting it on mixed greens with tomatoes and freshly toasted pumpkin seeds and a light dressing.

o

Veggie tacos are great.

Slice a zuccini in half and cut into bite-sized pieces. Saute it in olive oil and season it with Tony Chechere (or something like it). Heat up a can of black beans in the microwave at the same time. Put it all in a tortilla with a little cheese, if you like.

Veggie Frito pie:

Heat up a can of veggie chili. Put some in a bowl. Crumble Fritos on top. Add a little cheese.

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are tastey.

Crackers and cheese with carrots and cinamon apple sauce for dessert is good (I call it my C-lunch, since everything begins with C).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here